Thursday, November 14, 2013

Breezy Run and New (Seasonal) Post-Run Recovery Drink

Not breezy in that it was "a breeze" kicking out the 6 miles this morning. Breezy in the 20mph headwind that Mother Nature threw my way for the 3 out. Good resistance training, I guess. Made the 38 degrees on the therm in the house feel a whole lot colder! Wasn't going to wear my hat, but after letting the dogs out one last time before leaving and having that cold air hit me, grabbed it and my gloves (which were not going either since my shirt has the foldover sleeve/pouch thingy).

Speaking of dogs:

 
"None shall pass!"  They were not too happy that I was not grabbing leashes as I headed for the door. 
 
 
And move over chocolate milk! My new favorite post-run recovery drink is Silk Nog! While I do like the taste of soy milk, this does not taste like soy milk AT ALL! Lovely eggnog flavor without the, um, egg. I don't not eat or drink dairy, or for that matter eggs, but as this was on sale at the grocery this week and I like making my own eggnog lattes at home, figure I'd give it a try. Very yummy!  And for recovery, it's got 3 grams protein, 2 grams fat and 15 grams carb. Plus it has calcium and iron. I think this shall be my seasonal recovery go-to!


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment