Monday, December 16, 2013

T.U.R.D

Totally Unapologetic Rest Day.
 
Yesterday's long run felt long. That sounds ridiculously obvious, but with the snow/ice it made for a road run that felt more like a trail run. 18 miles was on the schedule. I was able to get in 14.5 of those outside, running back and forth through The Heights like I was in line for a ride at Disney (good training for both the race and the parks). I'd run all the way east towards Grandview Drive, then south a block, then west back to Prospect. I made a few loopy things through alleyways between and behind the big houses, then down Prospect south of Lake and did the same loopy thing though that section, between Lake and War Drive, from Prospect to the road Washington Gifted is on. Then it was back toward home, with an out and back through Edgewild. I had a brief stop helping a neighbor get his car out of a snowbank, then it was a quick change into shorts and non-spikey shoes and the remaining 3.5 on the tread.
 
Today I woke up feeling like I'd run 18. My feet were a little sore, so I've spent most of today catching up on some reading (Transatlantic, due back to library Wednesday), podcast listening and internet browsing. Should be good for a run tomorrow!
 
 
Even Albert Einstein had his fuzzy slipper moments. 




No comments:

Post a Comment