Thursday, January 30, 2014

Daily Drop in the Bucket (List) #1:Enchanted Forest Wine Run, OR

I am hoping to resume some racing late summer/fall and have a few races that are in my sights, but while I play good patient and be patient with my training, I may as well start filling up that Bucket List of Runs that I would like to experience before I have to hang up my running shoes permanently.

These races are in no particular order at this point, although I'm starting with ones that I actually believe I will run which makes the list making exciting vs. depressing (seems like I teeter between the two emotional states lately w/out being able to run).


Today's race is the Enchanted Forest Wine Run which is held at the Wooldridge Creek Winery in Grants Pass, OR. They offer a half-marathon, a 5K and a Kids Fun Run. My plan would be to run the half. The half and 5K start and finish in the winery; the half takes you up into the hills to the enchanted forest on what looks like some very nice single track. Costumes are encouraged, especially of the fairy/woodland enchantment variety. There is camping offered at the vineyard the night before the race with a dinner and breakfast provided (to purchase). Wine and other lovely local Oregon nibbles and sippies are provided during the half at Noble Coffee's Enchanted Forest Aid Station w/cold brew coffee, enjoy a sweet pick-me-up at A Gnome's Chocolate Picnic Aid Station and a taste of wine at Wooldridge Creek's Vineyard Aid Station. Post race there is food that is provided by Fulcrum Dining, as well as I would imagine there is the opportunity to grab some more of that lovely wine! While the 2014 info has not been posted yet, the date of the race last year was September 28.

No comments:

Post a Comment